Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chapter 7: Going Mobile

When I went to Japan, taking the train was the best (cheapest) way to travel and I remember there wasn't a single person on their cell phone (or keitai's) probably because it's a 'no-phone zone'. I doubt anyone would obey such a policy if dart trains have the same rules in America. We are allowed to talk in the train, so why not on the phone? There will definitely be complaints, the rule just won't last very long here.

But as far as courtesy goes, people should have their phones on either vibration, silent or just simply turned off. I work at a testing center and always tell the students to turn their phones off before giving them their tests but some just won't listen! Just last week we had a student who kept texting in the middle of taking her test. My co-worker told her a number of times to turn it off and finally brought in the student's instructor to handle things. It got pretty ugly when they confronted her as the she began to yell "Damn police need to mind their own F-ing business!!!", disrupting the other students trying to take their tests. I definitely know how teachers must feel when student's phones go off in the middle of their lectures and have to deal with the ones who have the nerve to actually answer in class (we also had some students do that at the testing center). Seriously these people have no common sense or are just inconsiderate of others! If it's in a train it's okay since no one really needs to focus on anything compared to when they're in a class or taking a test.
Though..I text all the time at work..but that's why I got a touch-screen phone so I can type without making much sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment