Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Online courses

I have never taken an online course (because of all the bad reviews I read about how instructors care less about their online students than about their normal lecture ones) but I think it's a great way for students to be able to take classes who live far from school or have temporary family issues for the semester, but especially students with kids. What I also like about it is that since I am a shy person who doesn't really like to speak out in class (in fear of asking stupid questions), I love online class chat sessions (like the one we had a few weeks ago) because, for the first time, I felt like I was a part of the classroom, I actually participated in conversations. It was really interesting, especially the whiteboard drawings we did, though it caused some distractions. It was a great experience, great way for us to interact with one another as students and teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment